When: 23 March 2013
The theme for the third annual Heritage Crafts Association (HCA) conference is ‘Manifesto for Making’. With a fantastic line up of speakers booked, the HCA will be asking delegates and speakers to contribute to the Manifesto for Making before and on the day.
- Paul Martin of BBC’s Handmade Revolution.
- David Hieatt, founder of Howies clothing, the Do Lectures and Hiut Denim.
- Phill Gregson, traditional wheelwright.
- Mila Burcikova, creator of ‘Misense’ fashion label and a PhD candidate at Charles University, Prague.
- Deborah Carre, founder of carréducker with James Ducker in 2004
Book early to avoid disappointment at www.heritagecrafts.org.uk/index.php/upcoming-events/2013-spring-conference.
Something we are passionate about, and hope the manifesto encourages business, and not just volunteers to build the skill base we are loosing around the area. We would love to hear from the next wave of graduates from applied art, craft & design, creative industries! What should be in the manifesto?